Saturday, February 25, 2012

Travel: Tokyo, Japan - Day 1

I have no idea why so suddenly I feel like posting about the trip to Tokyo last year. Probably because I feel like having those memories written down so I could revisit and read them whenever I wanted to in the future. Hehe. Lagipun, dah bertahun kut baru nak jumpa balik blog ni dan ingat password. Haha.


It all started when Airasia was about to launch their maiden flight to Tokyo, Japan and they made a promotion for it. When I am determined, believe me that I'll get what I really wanted. So I booked return tickets to Tokyo, Japan for 3 persons - me, Ayu and Shud. It was approximately RM1000 per person for the return flight tickets which inclusive of checked in luggage, food and comfort kit.
It all started with this, lol. Thank you Air Asia X! :D

Number of days in Tokyo: 2 and a half days. Until this day I kind of regret it for the trip was so short but what to do? It was all my fault that I settled for only 3 days so the return flight tickets price would fit in our budget. The problem back then was that Air Asia X flew to Tokyo only a few days in a week. So the cheap tickets were already gone although it was just a few minutes after the promo was launched. Besides, my goal for going to Tokyo was rather simple at that time: experience the Shibuya Crossing experience once and my trip is complete! Hahaha

The hurdle one (Malaysian) must face before we can successfully go to Japan is to obtain the visa. Yes, the application was kind of complicated. Since we will be staying in our friend(Tshee)'s house, we needed to get Tshee's letter of invitation for us to stay there and her letter of guarantee. Aside from that you need a letter of confirmation from our employer or college/ university (me and Shud are working while Ayu is pursuing Masters) to confirm that we are working or studying and also we must have our travel itinerary for the 3 days prepared. The hardest part? Well we need to provide a copy of our saving account's statement - that shows we have at least RM 5000~ 6000 in our own account. Lucky that I managed (by whatever means) to get the money to be deposited into my account for a day (so the statement can be printed lol) and I even had to request for a letter of confirmantion from the bank. Susah wooo. Actually I'm not sure whether the figure is fixed / still the same as of now. Calling the embassy is the best way of knowing the right things to do for visa application. :)

So we departed on a rainy evening of 30th January 2011. We rented the portable media player (it comes with complimentary earphones) during the flight and we regret nothing, lol. The movies stored in the e-player were mostly new. Funny thing was I didn't even realise that the flight have taken hours of our time and decided to watch 'Aftershock', not knowing we would land so soon. The movie left me in tears by the time we arrived in Haneda. So I arrived in Tokyo with puffy eyes. Lol.

Up up here we go~

'Aftershock'. This movie is so sad I can't even...! ;~;

Arashi welcomes you to Tokyo! Haha

The ever so sweet Tshee was waiting for us in Haneda and she helped us to buy 'PASMO' cards which is an equivalence to the Touch 'n Go, from the ticketing machine.
PASMO Card

Having not seeing her after a few years plus being awed by the first impression of the land of the rising sun, we were kind of excited in engaging conversations with Tshee. Other than that, we were also busy in calling / texting our families back in Malaysia that we arrived safely in Tokyo. But the other passengers in the subways were looking at us kinda weird most of the time. I was wondering, was it because we're foreigners / Muslims? But later on we were told by Tshee it was actually because people hardly talk in Tokyo subways. And people are supposed to switch off their phones / put in silent mode when they're in the trains. Lol. Patutlah~ Malunya saya! Hahaha.

At the Haneda Airport, waiting for the train
So we arrived in Kotake-Mukaihara station and headed to Tshee's house in Komone, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo.  If I remember correctly, the temperature was 1 degree Celsius and yeah, it was my first time to experience such a cold weather. Her house (with her two other housemates) was so adorable, seriously <3 After a good time chit-chatting, we hit the sack and determined to leave early to explore Tokyo the next morning.

30th January 2011 From Kotake Mukaihara station to Tshee's house.

No comments: